We take this opportunity to wish the Leader of Opposition and Political Leader of the United National Congress, the Hon. Kamla Persad-Bissessar, a wonderful birthday today.
We thank her for her years of struggle for ALL the people of Trinidad and Tobago in her long and illustrious career, and reflect — with awe — on her many historical achievements.
No other woman in the history of Trinidad and Tobago has broken so many glass ceilings. She is the:
- First woman to serve as Attorney-General in Trinidad and Tobago
- First woman to lead a Parliamentary Political Party in Trinidad and Tobago
- First woman Leader of Opposition in Trinidad and Tobago
- First woman Prime Minister in Trinidad and Tobago
- First woman in the world to serve as Commonwealth Chairperson-in-Office
We are honoured to serve and work with this truly historical figure. There can never be another person like her. No one can ever achieve those historic milestones again. We have the awesome privilege of walking and working with a person of true historical greatness.
She has inspired thousands of women — and men! — throughout our country, the region and the world.
Kamla Persad-Bissessar was the best Prime Minister that Trinidad and Tobago ever had, and will certainly continue her record when she returns to the Prime Ministership of our country!